how to open a 3D file by a menu?

I am a fresh man in “opengl”.Now I wanna open a 3D file such as “*.3ds” by a menu.What code should be include in my programme?I mean that,whether i should use some toolkits?Please tell me where i can fine the codes.
I am awaiting your suggestions.

search google for the appropriate code (c/delphi/c++…), there are lots of loaders out there, opengl can’t handle stuff like this itself.

Undoubtly,as a beginner in “Opengl”,I donnot know what the website"opengl.org" can offer me,but i really want to learn knowledge from wherever i can reach.As a Chinese,the market of books about opengl is too small to find some benefical data.
I have to turn to the relevant websites.If anybody could give me some suggestions,i would have been so happy.However,I thanks for your e-mail anyway.

When Gavin said to search google, he meant to go to http://www.google.com , type

opengl 3ds loader tutorial

into the field and try your luck.

Isn’t the Chinese government blocking Google? Maybe that’s the problem.

Here are some good sites to get started.

nehe.gamedev.net OpenGL tutors.

wwww.cornflakezone.com Windows API menu’s with opengl

http://www.xmission.com/~nate/opengl.html Glut library, menu, loading OBJ 3D object files.

Originally posted by opengllover:
I am a fresh man in “opengl”.Now I wanna open a 3D file such as “*.3ds” by a menu.What code should be include in my programme?I mean that,whether i should use some toolkits?Please tell me where i can fine the codes.
I am awaiting your suggestions.

Have you looked on the main page, under coding(programming)???

Originally posted by opengllover:
Undoubtly,as a beginner in “Opengl”,I donnot know what the website"opengl.org" can offer me,but i really want to learn knowledge from wherever i can reach.As a Chinese,the market of books about opengl is too small to find some benefical data.
I have to turn to the relevant websites.If anybody could give me some suggestions,i would have been so happy.However,I thanks for your e-mail anyway.

Thank u for your suggestion.As you said ,I searched for "
opengl 3ds loader tutorial" in Google and I finded it!!!Thank u very much.

Google was blocked about one month ago by Chinese government .However,it is opened again these days.It is a good idea to us students because the websites about opengl are seemingly too wretched.

Thank u nexusone.I cannot open the website"nehe.gamedev.net" but i have opened the other two u told me.Both are good to me.Thank u.