ARB_vertex_belnd

Does anyone know what this T* is in this functions?

void Weight{bsifd ubusui}vARB(int size, T* weights)

-Lev

Hi

T* means GLfloat* ,GLint*, GLubyte* …

corresponding with

VertexWeight{ifu…}

is similar with glColor3f… where you pass the data type scpecified by f i …

Bye

it seems as a template class.
but with C, this seems strange!

JD

T* means GLfloat* ,GLint*, GLubyte* …

corresponding with

VertexWeight{ifu…}

Ah, logical But I think it would be better to write out all the function names, like most other extension specs do. Its much easier to write a header from most other extension specs than from most of ATI extensions. In AT_pn_triangles they even forgot to write the return type of the functions (already reported it to them).

Anyway, thanks for a fast reply,
-Lev

jide, that’s not a template function. In fact, it’s just pseudocode. It’s the base function name, the type of data inside curly bracets, and T refers to the type mentioned inside the curly brackets. A way of describing several variants of the same functions in one line.

I wasn’t referring to template function but template class.

OK, but it seems as template code. Indeed, T refers to many types that can convain(float, uint…). And that’s the aim of templates, no ?

You shouldn’t have to write the header yourself, Lev. There’s a glATI.h on the 3D Programming Info Page .

-Jason

JasonM,

In the ATI_pn_triangles spec, isn’t tessellation supposed to be spelled with 2 L’s ? In the spec and header file the tokens are spelled with one L ( not that it makes a huge difference ).