GL_NV_vertex_program extension (l'Arlesienne)

Hi there…

I guess some people will start to get upset with me talking about this extension but I can not wait !

A while ago, nVidia published the specs of this extension… I tried to contact everybody there (including the window cleaners !) in order to know when this extension would be released… The official statement is: not now, it is in test phase…

OK, I understand… Then I asked: what’s the point of releasing the specs of an extension that is not available ??? Well, some rare developers may be able to use it… I still understand…

Now, they’re releasing some more information (dated 03/11/2000) about this extension but still no driver support it…

So my question is: will we ever see this extension implemented on GeForce/GeForce2 ? Why don’t they give the specs only to those people who can use the extension ?

I don’t want to sound angry coz’ I am not… I am just impatient…

Regards.

Eric

Yes, you’ll definitely be able to use it, eventually…

Even though there isn’t an implementation publicly available yet, we thought it would be useful to get the extension out there and published so that people can think about it and what they might do with it.

What it describes shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone who’s seen DX8, so from that point of view, it’s not really telling people all that much they didn’t know already.

• Matt