Perspective -> Orthographic -> Perspective. Textures die!!?

Hi,

I have got a 2D mesh working now - it’s a frame rate counter. When I render the 2D mesh, I change the projection to orthographic and then when finished, I pop my mtrices back to the way they were before I rendered the mesh.

The problem is this, I have a cube in the scene which has one texture on each face, but this cube is rendered a flat black.

What can be happening here? The lighting is begin put back on, so is the texture. This is very odd.

If I have multiple meshes in the scene everything works fine, but as soon as I put in the frame rate counter I get this problem.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Luke.

It could be one of several things. What texture environment mode is being used when texturing the cube? If it is GL_MODULATE, make sure that the current color is not black.

Well, I have checked the code and we don’t seem to getting black vertex colours anywhere.

I have inserted lines to set the current colour to white when GL_MODULATE is set and this doesn’t change anything either.

This seems strange though considering we only get this problem when I start using 2D graphics over the top of the 3D scene. Can anyone explain why this might be the case?

Thanks,
Luke A. Guest.

Can you send some code so that we can debug it on our side ?

My e-mail address is available via the question mark on top of this topic…

If you can’t send code, can you post part of your code ?

Regards.

Eric

It’s okay, I’ve just added some code to turn the blending function on and off.

Oh, and I added a few more calls to the texture_env_combine extension.

It’s all my fault! Doh! :wink:

Thanks for the help anyway,
Luke A. Guest.