Taking advantage of Hardware Rendering

trying to move to hardware rendering with hybrid’s implementation. How do I go about this? I have tried linking against libGLES_CL.lib and libGLES_CM.lib… Can’t find any difference between my code’s setup and the didge viper test demo’s setup.
What gives?

You mean you are linking against the library provided by the hardware vendor, right? Specifically: http://www.pvrdev.com/Pub/MBX/

• HM

[ April 28, 2005: Message edited by: Hans-Martin Will ]

very frustrating… I am now using the files in powerVR’s GLES folder, and linking against their libGLES_CL.lib file. I build fine, and get a black screen on my run.
I am also using GLUT|ES for windowing, and oddly enough, I still get my popup menus when I click inside the app. Is that perhaps the problem, that I am using GLUT|ES?

likely. Check if creation of your rendering context & surface are successful (i.e. the egl… functions).

• HM

What are the chances you could make a demo like the viper test, only rendering a simple 1x1x1 cube. I’m banging my head against the wall moving from floating point to fixed point, and I just can’t understand what I’m doing wrong. I’ve hacked up your test code for days now, and my rendering is just plain wrong!
HELP!

Do you still need an example? It’s really not difficult… How are you converting your floating point numbers to fixed?

• HM

I don’t need a sample anymore, but I would do it anyway for others here… It’s not THAT simple, I banged my head against a wall for a while figuring it out.

I'll post pics sooner than later... We decided to use the PowerVR SDK and OGLESTools utility classes.  It looks fantastic.  We had to extend the SDK to get the functionality we wanted, but it looks wonderful.

Again, pics to come.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.