how to extract nurbs control points

i want to compute nurbs control points for a given arbitrary curve, so that i can draw the set of curves as a nurbs surface using the control points in opengl… the main problem is how to get the control points. once i have the control points representing the curve in the form of nurbs then there is no problem in rendering it in opengl.
please help.

This is a complex topic, and I don’t think that anyone is prepared to give full lectures… You should read a CAGD book.

Alternatively, you can get NURBS control points from Maya, 3DStudio, etc…

umm could u tell me wht CAGD is? yes i am ready to do all the reading and/or experumenting myself, infact i want to do it and have been trying to do it. the only problem is i have not been able to get the right resources… i consulted wht the red book of opengl had to say abt nurbs, it didn’t help my query, i asked around and someone told me abt THE NURBS Book, and unfortunately its not there in my library, i have even tried to find forums where i could get some hint for where and wht to look for, but i’ve been having bad luck all over… plzz (anyone) guide me to the right resources atleast to solve my query.
ur help will be much appreciated.

Originally posted by graphicsMan:
[b]This is a complex topic, and I don’t think that anyone is prepared to give full lectures… You should read a CAGD book.

Alternatively, you can get NURBS control points from Maya, 3DStudio, etc…[/b]

This is not a very good forum for your question. I would try the gdalgorithms list, you’re bound to get some pointers there: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gdalgorithms-list

I would recommend looking at the book by Cohen, Riesenfeld and Elber, or the book by Farin

Brian