Opengl-es implementation available

MicroGL : An Opengl-ES Implementation

Offer

We are a high-end intelligent agent software manufacturer and we have recently decided to relinquish our graphics development efforts as we are engaging in a major new enterprise effort in our principle line of business. Therefore, we now offer, for mutual benefit and with mutual terms of acquisition, our MicroGLTM library, as described below, as well as the web-site, www.microgl.com to provide a complete implementation providing first-mover advantage in the highly competitive market space for embedded graphics.

Description

MicroGLTM is an OpenGL-ES software library designed to deliver high-performance graphics on low-performance embedded-platforms with little processing and low-power consumption requirement. MicroGLTM offers the OpenGL-ES implementation, but with one important distinction: MicroGLTM runs extremely fast (patents are in progress), by an order of magnitude over current software implementation (comparison was made against systems such as Mesa).

We are currently porting QuakeTM (a well known game from Id Software, the trademark holder and owner of QuakeTM) to a handheld device using MicroGL. The integration of MicroGL into a platform would enable other 3D graphics intensive gaming to become the standard for handheld devices.

MicroGLTM uses an entirely new mathematical encoding of graphics operations to go beyond the speed of traditional integer methods. High visual quality is available without consuming significant numbers of processor clock cycles. MicroGLTM uses this new mathematical basis to outperform competitive products on the same processor.

MicroGLTM inherent platform independence, combined with MicroGLTM miniature footprint and performance enhancement capabilities, would create an un***ailable advantage in the area of handheld gaming.

This library is under 64K when compiled using GCC, which makes it suitable for even the smallest platforms. Applications that use MicroGLTM are often even smaller than 50K because, in most applications, only a small subset of the OpenGL-ES API is used and other unused calls are not compiled into the executable, if necessary (as in instrumentation-windows where texture-mapped gaming graphics is not of any value).

Current Features

MicroGLTM implements all OpenGL-ES features except Query – in progress.

MicroGLTM can be made even smaller for very specialized applications. This combination of miniaturization, speed, performance, high visual quality and standards-based compatibility is an unbeatable edge in a highly competitive marketplace.

Representation and Information

The company is not named for reasons of privacy, however, there are no entanglements or encumbrances to the software.

Internal Counsel: Neil Reizman, MBA, JD, nreizman@yahoo.com
Arun Majumdar: arun@csli.stanford.edu
Law Firm of Hogan & Hartson L.L.P, Washington, DC: www.hhlaw.com

Interested parties, please contact Neil or Arun via email.

is there some kind of demo or so that we can download?

the webpage does not look very convincing right now… :slight_smile:

DANIEL

We are not providing public demos or a public web-site in the usual sense.

Demos under NDA are feasable.

Thank you.

what would be the sense in creating a software and not showing it?
why would one build a webpage and not put any information on it?

i have no problem in signing an NDA (i’m still very interested to see this thing), but to be honest your announcement sounds a little bit like vaporware.

sorry if i’m wrong, this is just my impression…
DANIEL

Comparing performance with Mesa is a little easy, don’t you think?

How about giving real numbers? How does it compare with Hybrid’s Gerbera for instance?..

after having some interesting discussions on MicroGL with the people from VivoMind, i’m looking forward to see what’s in the making.

hopefully the patenting stuff is settled soon.

would be great to read to further news here on MircoGL…

DANIEL

Are there any patent issues that might affect an open implementations of the OpenGL ES spec.?

Or is this the return of the Mulmuley algorithm?

• Martin

I don’t see any link as www.microgl.com. I guess if there is something faster than OpenGL ES as claimed in previous mail, probably you need to disclose it’s abstract even it’s patentable or mention the PRIOR ART date for being patented.

To ALL - Arun Majumdar has not been associated with Mr. Reizman in any way since 2004. For information concerning MicroGl, development tools, it’s pending patents, or trademarks please direct your attention to dev@microgl.com.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.