OpenGL SDKs

During Autumn 2004 I tried to Develop video games for the Nokia series 60 using symbian OS and Nokia series 60 SDK.

Don’t make me go there . . .again.

Anyways, I’ve moved on to OpenGL ES and 3D Mobile gaming. I’ve been leaked information about a huge lucrative industry about go down . . .I have my sources about this . . .but I can’t speak . . .lETS JUST SAY . . .mmmm I don’t know . . . Microsoft?

The point is,

I NEED INFO

I want to know all the SDKs that support OpenGL ES (apart from BREW and Symbian)
also what IDE’s ther’re compatible with.

I’ve got my eyes on Brew (yeah target acquired bam boom . . .as you can read . . .I’m a mental retard . . .I just broke out of the instituition called Alcatraz the II . . .am I trying to hard?)

and so all the more I need the help.

Come on . . .I’m a fellow . . .dev…ahem
Anyone . . .hello?

This is too broad ranging a question.

The good news (and easy answer) is that for graphics, if you use OpenGL|ES you can develop for one platform and the code should port easily to others. So at least your graphics code won’t be wasted. If you keep the rest abstract enough you’ll be in good shape.

BREW and the SDK includes support for OpenGL|ES 1.0 right now, and even if the platform you use has no hardware acceleration it will fall back to software. The same code should just run faster on future platforms.

Maybe this will help: http://www.hybrid.fi/main/download/opengl_es.php
I believe that it solves your problems.

I’m too happy to see Angus Dorbie here.He reminds me of a good history. With his help i learned the OpenGL programming. And now when he is here, i should learn the OpenGL|ES concepts.
Never forget his helps…
-Ehsan-

Well since one is a subset of the other (the main exception being fixed point types) what’s to learn?

If you understand OpenGL vertex arrays and understand the basics of fixed point then you’re in good shape to hit the ground running with OpenGL|ES. There’s actually less to know in OpenGL|ES (for now).

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.