What is your development environment?

What tools are you using?
On whar OS do you run your exe?

Compiler : GCC 3.3.x(3.3.4 I think)
Editors : vi/pico/gedit/Anjuta/VIDE
OpenglES : Linux 1.0 reference implementation
Image Editors : Gimp

(P.S : I am trying to write my own converter for converting models to fixed point format)

I guess you are using a PC?
I was wondering whether we should keep the limitation of the embeded deviced in mind for the contest.
If it’s gone run at 1FPS, it’s not going to be interesting.

I was installing eVC4, but it failed, so I think I’ll have to stick with “desktop” VC.
Also, I’m using gerbera

I am trying to keep the limits within the embedded system limits.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V-man:

I was installing eVC4, but it failed, so I think I’ll have to stick with “desktop” VC.
Also, I’m using gerbera
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What’s the problem with eVC4? I thought Gerbera comes with a ready-to-go project… Do you have emulator trouble? Or no real device?

Does anyone develop for Symbian or BREW? It’s kind of funky to see all those development efforts on desktop systems, when there are actual devices with SDKs out there.

• HM

Some time ago, I tried to install it twice, and it failed with the same message both times.
Today, I tried again so that I could post the error message, but it worked.

The only thing different is that a day ago I uninstalled the .NET framework.

Go figure.

Also, this thing comes with the WinCE emulator. Kind of slow at doing basic 2D drawing. I would have to buy a fancy phone or something if I didn’t have an emulator :slight_smile:

[ November 05, 2004: Message edited by: V-man ]

PS: I was considering palmOS. I saw that palm is not on http://khronos.org/opengles/openglesadopters.html
but if I remember correctly, they announced to become adopters. http://www.palmsource.com/press/2004/032204_khronos.html

Also, they were developing OpenGL drivers even before that.

I have Brew but its specifically VC++ ad VS.net. I would like Brew for linux like they have J2ME for linux so I could have a decent dev environment.

Secondly I am still figuring out the quirks of OpenGL ES. I wouldn’t want a totally new environment when trying something different.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.