GLfixed data type

I would like to know Hybrid and Vincent implemented the fixed point math or not? If not what is the use of GLfixed? Thanks.

Yes, both of them implement the fixed point API. Is that your question?

• HM

thanks. Is there any references on the fixed point API. (fadsf, sqrt etc.)

I am not quite sure what your question is. You are not asking about any OpenGL ES API entry point, are you?

• HM

Sorry my english is bad … :stuck_out_tongue:

In fact, from the gl.h header I found out that the GLfixed is an int data type. therefore, It can’t use normal math library function such as “sqrt”, “fabsf” (which is for float).

Thus, I would like to know is there any fixed point math library functions (e.g. to compute square root) for the Hybrid and Vincent implemention?

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ogl-es/ogles/src/fixed.h?rev=1.21&view=auto
and
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ogl-es/ogles/src/fixed.cpp?rev=1.8&view=auto

• HM

[ October 05, 2004: Message edited by: Hans-Martin Will ]

Thanks Hans-Martin!

But I don’t find anything the like with Gerbera… Is it possible that the Fixed Point Math is not part of the implementation they gave free.

Greetz,

Markus

Thanks ~ ^^

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><HR>But I don’t find anything the like with Gerbera… Is it possible that the Fixed Point Math is not part of the implementation they gave free.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerbera implements both OpenGL ES 1.1 and EGL 1.1 specifications completely. This is to say that both the float and fixed point API entries are implemented and exposed. However, we do not expose any utilitary fixed point math since they’re not part of the specs mentioned above, and would be considered extraneous.

There are lots of example code dealing with fixed point calculation all across the internet. Once you get your calculations up and running, Gerbera will gladly accept your fixed point input data.

Regards,
Jasin

No slight intended, Jasin.

I know the specs and I know Gerbera implements them just fine with all the FP entry points. But an additional FP math library like with Vincent would have been a nice bonus. :wink:

Thanks!

Markus

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.