Anyone working on a easy build sample for Axim X50v

Hi,

I’ve got my Dell Axim X50v. It seems to come with a libGLES_CL.dll built in. Getprocaddress returns sensible values and a Lib (origins unknown) appeared on AximSite. However using either method to glGetString is returning a NULL not a string for GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION, GL_VENDOR, I believe that means an error occured. If anyone has got an answer for GL_RENDERER I’d love to hear it. As the 2700G games that come with the Dell work I presume this is all my fault and I should look to the many other parts of work I need doing and defer this to when a days work will get me a days progress. I had hoped I could get a benchmark to see what complexity I can make my games on the X50v.

I notice HM Will and PowerVR Staff answering questions here. I “know” HM from PocketMatrix and I am signed up with PowerVR so the quality here is very high. So this must be the place to ask.

Are we likely to see a simple EVC easy build example in the next few months that uses hardware acceleration of the X50v with binary and source?

I’ve been playing with this library myself and have not been very successful so far (according to its author it is derived from the headers that come with Vincent).

What I was about to check next is if the calling conventions are correct. (cdecl vs. stdcall)

• HM

I didn’t think you had an Axim X50v. Like I said getprocaddress returns what appears to be sensible values without all the tokens that often appear around names.

[ November 30, 2004: Message edited by: StylusGames ]

Does it work with __stdcall instead?

• HM

PS: I got my x50 last week… :slight_smile:

I swapped stdcall for cdecl on glGetString. It made no difference. To check I was using getprocaddress correctly I tested it with GXGetDisplayProperties, changing to stdcall didn’t stop that from returning valid data in a structure.

Maybe the compiler is ignoring me but even a /Gz option makes no difference to the result.

What makes you suspect it is stdcall. I can see for speed not cleaning the stack would be an idea but why would it error. glGetString if I was coding would just send a prestored string after a case on the passed int.

Oh, it’s just what I believe APIENTRY defaults to. Unless I am wrong… I don’t have time to play myself at this point, but I’ll try to step through the function in disassembly mode. Just to see if it’s implemented or just a placeholder. I tried to get the car demo work, but somehow some essential function is missing (so I am getting a 193 error).

When I get any positive result, I’ll post it here…

• HM

Attempts at using Axim X50v OpenGL-ES are being discussed here :

Link to AximSite forums

Hope this helps,

K~

That’s exactly the thread the preceding discussion refers to.

• HM

Exactly but thanks Kristov for the help.

However it is clear its not a finished DLL. And doesn’t meet the FULL 1.0 standard. Not responding Vendor, Renderer, etc.

As long as it isn’t finished there is hope a finished release will include a developer friendly release.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><HR>However using either method to glGetString is returning a NULL not a string for GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION, GL_VENDOR, I believe that means an error occured. If anyone has got an answer for GL_RENDERER I’d love to hear it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did some more think about this and I think I know what you are doing wrong and it has nothing to do with your calling conventions.

Prior to calling any opengl commands you need to have a valid context. Without context no GL and hence no GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION, or GL_VENDOR. Returning NULL is actually the correct answer.

Can you try calling glGetString “after” you have created a window with a valid context?

Hope this helps,

K-

Edit…NDA?/rumors stuff.

Thanks to HM for some code elsewhere which links with the Aximsite .lib and I used GLES include files from his sourceforge 80a src. Why a platform specific file from a software renderer works is unknown to me.

GL_RENDERER=Intel® 2700G Multimedia Accelerator
GL_VENDOR=Intel® Corporation
GL_VERSION=OpenGL ES-CL 1.0
GL_EXTENSIONS=GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_env_enhanced_fixed_function

I really expected Renderer to mention MBXLite. I’m still waiting for the vendor to release something more finished.

[ December 06, 2004: Message edited by: StylusGames ]

Some more info and help can be found here:

Dynamic Link Lib

OGL-ES Benchmark

Performance discussion and feedback

Hope this helps,

K-

In addition, the official 2700G SDK is now available from Intel.

• HM

>>In addition, the official 2700G SDK is now available from Intel.

Where did you find it? Or is it just for premium subscribtion developers?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><HR> >>In addition, the official 2700G SDK is now available from Intel.

Where did you find it? Or is it just for premium subscribtion developers?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did anyone give it a try meanwhile ?!?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.