How to setup Hybrid's OpenGL ES for Nokia series60 on S

I ave downloaded Hybrid’s implementation of OpenGL ES for Series60. I would like to run the example program in a Symbian emulator.

1. What else do I need other than Hybrid’s implementation ?

2. Which version of Symbian OS do I need to install ?

3. Do I need to download anything from Nokia’s website ?

Thanks!

Also if possible please provide the links for Symbian OS & Nokia SDK downloads.

Thank you!

You’ll need the Series 60 SDK, version 1.2, Nokia Edition available here: http://tinyurl.com/4mdlw

After you’ve successfully installed the SDK, please see the faq.txt included in the Gerbera package for further instructions.

Regards,
Jasin

The FAQ.txt says:
"Q: Where should I put the libGLES_CM.dll and libGLES_CM.lib to link
against them?

A: If you are compiling for the Symbian emulator copy both the files
from

bin\series60\wins\udeb

to

\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\Release\wins\udeb (debug build)
\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\Release\wins\urel (release build)"

There is no “bin\series60\wins\udeb” directory in the implementation only “bin\series60\wins\urel”

Can i just use the urel ?

Hi,

There is clearly an error in the FAQ. You can and should use the libraries in the urel folder.

Cheers,
Sampo

For a “Hello World” program and how to get started with Nokia Series60 SDK, below is a good place to start.
http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=148

I was able to run the examples provided by the SDK but when I do the “bldmake bldfiles” command on the Gerbera Series60 sample it takes forever to build a “ABLD.BAT” file. My DOS prompt does not return. why is that ?

Thanks!

Hi,
I tried the following and it worked for me:
1- from the command prompt go to the directory where you have the eglsymbian.cpp
2- type: makmake eglsymbian.mmp VC6
then enter. This should create eglsymbian.dsw workspace
3- start VC6 and open the workspace then compile the project
4- you can now run the project from inside VC IDE or you can just run the emulator from the the Windows Start menu
5- you should find the eglsymbian icon in the emulator window
Hope this helps

Mo

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.