Newbie with some questions

Hello All,

I am looking into using OpenGL-ES and its potential in upcomming projects but am a bit lost for some information.

Where can I find a list of supported processors, OSs and graphics chipsets ? I am assuming I cant just take an AT91, and any LCD screen I feel like and get going… which graphics chip sets are supported and are there any recomendations for a given set of devices for good performance…

thanks in advance.

ben

:smiley:

Hi!

You can find the OSes and processors supported by our implementation here. The platforms supported by the non-commercial version of the implementation can be found here.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Jasin

Thankyou, that is exaclty what I was looking for,

I have a further question, as I understand it I am free to download and use these libraries but there is a mention of a fee for a developer license. Is this only for the aproved openGL development or does the ES colour of open GL also require a license.

thanks again.

Those fees are only specific to the Hybrid library, this has nothing to do with OpenGL ES per se.

There are also the development kits by Symbian, Qualcomm, and PalmSource, which might be more relevant if you plan to develop for upcoming end-user devices (your original post seems to imply you are interested in hardware supporting OpenGL ES). Several chip vendors also provide development kits, I definitively know about nVidia. Have you scanned the news archive on this site? You should find announcements for most hardware vendors who are planning to or who already do provide support for OpenGL ES.

• HM

[ November 02, 2004: Message edited by: Hans-Martin Will ]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.