gluLookAt equivalent for Symbian?

Hi,
I am wondering what I could do instead of using gluLookAt as it isn’t available in OpenGL ES.

Basically I want to be able to move a camera through a scene with an object always visible in front of the camera (third person view).

I currently have this implemented by moving the world around, but this seems to be warping my textures, so I am looking for another way to implement it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Miranda

I answered the question already in our community forums.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Petri

Hope this helps. Haven’t tested this. You are welcome to copy this source. :-

[ April 04, 2005: Message edited by: gautam ]

Hi,
thanks for that, sorry I didn’t realise these forum were linked :o

I am trying to use an adapted version of mesa’s code but it doesn’t seem to be working. The code compiles and runs, but the view (camera) doesn’t move when keys are pressed as it’s supposed to.

Here is the code:

The key press code is:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Miranda

[ April 04, 2005: Message edited by: miranda2112 ]

Have you tried debugging to see how the code is geting executed. I would do that first to see what exactly is happening.

I’ve checked the input values, and the values of my rotate and move functions and they are all correct. I think it has something to do with the lookAt function, because if I change the initial values the view doesn’t change. Does anyone have a working lookAt function in Symbian?

[ April 05, 2005: Message edited by: miranda2112 ]

And you use the new values every time you call lookAt.

Hope this helps.

P.S. :- Is your nick miranda on gamedev as well? Just curious as I corresponded with her a couple of times on gamedev.

[ April 05, 2005: Message edited by: gautam ]

[ April 05, 2005: Message edited by: gautam ]

Hi,
yep, I’m that same Miranda! I have a bad habit of posting the same question on heaps of forums…

I’m not sure what the Move code above is for or where it goes?
In my game I have a move function and a rotate function where lookAt is called. Is that what it is?

Thanks,
Miranda

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.