Painfully slow 3D - Gerbera demos (Nokia 7610)

I’ve installed the 3 demos on the hybrid site and the 3 of them run at like 10 fps or lower when displaying around 100 polygons.

Is it my phone (7610)? Too many pixles to fill, too high resolution of colors (16 bit)? Procesor, memory?

The only demo that runs acceptably is the mockup g-unit game.

Are there more demos out there to compare to?

Pablo

That’s not you phone. I have slower phone (6600 , 104 mhz cpu vs 123 Mhz on your phone) and I’m getting 15 fps with 1k non-textured but lighted triangles in the frame (and that is not even assmbler optimized, plain C++) with common software rendering, not Gerbera.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pablo de Heras Ciechomski:
I’ve installed the 3 demos on the hybrid site and the 3 of them run at like 10 fps or lower when displaying around 100 polygons.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Pablo!

The demos on our website (Crime Minister, Love Is a Fix) are doing quite a lot of stuff in addition to rendering (eg. playing music, custom framebuffer effects, etc) Furthermore, the Gerbera version they’re running on is relatively old and hasn’t gone through a lot of optimization. So those particular demos aren’t very suitable for benchmarking Gerbera’s rendering performance.

Best regards,
Jasin

[ November 08, 2004: Message edited by: Jasin Bushnaief / Hybrid Graphics ]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.