OpenGL ES Linking Errors

Hello,
i tried to port a win32 application to windows mobile using the powervr sdk.
I used a training course project (powershell) as basis. Everything was fine and compiled, but after adding some new functions like “glRotatef” I get severeal Linker Errors:

PlyViewer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol glRotatef referenced in function “public: virtual bool __cdecl PlyViewer::InitView(void)” (?InitView@PlyViewer@@UAA_NXZ)
PlyViewer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol glTranslatef referenced in function “public: virtual bool __cdecl PlyViewer::InitView(void)” (?InitView@PlyViewer@@UAA_NXZ)
PlyViewer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol glOrthof referenced in function “public: virtual bool __cdecl PlyViewer::InitView(void)” (?InitView@PlyViewer@@UAA_NXZ)
PlyViewer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol glLightModelf referenced in function “public: virtual bool __cdecl PlyViewer::InitView(void)” (?InitView@PlyViewer@@UAA_NXZ)
PlyViewer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol glLightfv referenced in function “public: virtual bool __cdecl PlyViewer::InitView(void)” (?InitView@PlyViewer@@UAA_NXZ)
PlyViewer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol glClearColor referenced in function “public: virtual bool __cdecl PlyViewer::InitView(void)” (?InitView@PlyViewer@@UAA_NXZ)
PlyViewer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol glNormal3f referenced in function “public: virtual bool __cdecl PlyViewer::RenderScene(void)” (?RenderScene@PlyViewer@@UAA_NXZ)
PlyViewer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol glScalef referenced in function “public: virtual bool __cdecl PlyViewer::RenderScene(void)” (?RenderScene@PlyViewer@@UAA_NXZ)

Can somebody please help me?

Kind Regards,
Jens

Seems like you are linking to an OpenGL ES Common Lite library. None of these functions exist in the Common Lite (fixed point) profile, they all take float parameters.

You can use glRotatex, glTranslatex, etc. instead, with GLfixed input values.

Yes thats right,

but the PowerVR SDK doesn’t supply a “libgles_cm.lib”. Can you tell me, where I can get this library?

Kind Regards,
Jens

I guess you are referring to the SDK for Dell Axim. That device only comes with Common Lite drivers, so you have to use the fixed point variants of those functions.

Hey Xmas,
thanks for your help!

I took the libgles_CM.lib from Vincent. Paradoxically this functions! :slight_smile:

Is this possible? Do I have a loss of power, because Vincent doesn’t support hardware acceleration?

Kind Regards,
Jens

Yes, you lose all hardware acceleration.

You cannot mix OpenGL ES implementations. Both Vincent and the PowerVR MBX drivers implement the whole OpenGL ES pipeline from top to bottom, in completely different ways. So you have to choose which one you want to use.

And in most cases hardware acceleration should be more important than float inputs.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.