Thread: EGL_BAD_ALLOC with eGLMakeCurrent on antoher window.

EGL_BAD_ALLOC with eGLMakeCurrent on antoher window.

Hello, I am new with OpenGL ES, I am using the PowerVR emulation for Win32 1.3 on WIndows Vista with a Nv 8800 GTX.

I have successfully initialized GLES calling:

Then I create another window and its surface the exact same way as the one I used for initializing GL.

But this time if I try to make the new window the current by calling eglMakeCurrent, I get a EGL_BAD_ALLOC error code.

From the documentation, it says:

EGL_BAD_ALLOC may be generated if allocation of ancillary buffers for draw or read were delayed until eglMakeCurrent is called, and there are not enough resources to allocate them.

I tried different window sizes to verify there would be enough memory for creating the surfaces of the second window. I also tried very small window sizes, like 32 * 32, I always get that error message.

Is there something I am unaware of trying to use 2 windows?
    As anyone ever succeeded using 2 windows? Or is it that EGL does not support this?

Re: EGL_BAD_ALLOC with eGLMakeCurrent on antoher window.

Please also post questions about PowerVR SDKs on the PowerVR Insider forums or contact

Are you using the same EGLconfig for both window surfaces? Can you post a minimal example that shows the described behaviour?
    Georg Kolling, Imagination Technologies
    Please ask questions specific to PowerVR hardware or SDKs on the PowerVR Insider Forum |