HW/OS/API recommendation for realtime waveforms on ARM proc?

I’m trying to create a device medical monitor that can display realtime waveforms like ECG, blood pressure, O2 levels, and such. Maybe 4-5 waveform graphs per screen, about 500 vertices per graph, 30 fps, and hopefully XVGA with antialiasing. Are there any ARM processors and BSP’s that offer HW acceleration that can handle that kind of load? I’ve been playing with the Atmel 9263 and Adeneo WinCE 6.0, but right now that’s only giving me about 1 fps at QVGA with no antialiasing in DirectX, and Open__ won’t even load. Does anybody have experience successfully implementing graphics with this kind of performance on an ARM device? (Or is ARM the wrong architecture – x86 is off the table because of power requirements, but others might be possible).

Actually, VG is something new to me – given the application of drawing realtime waveforms and labels and menus, would OpenVG actually be even more applicable than a DirectX or OpenGL option?

Currently, im getting 30fps with >~ 2k triangles in a pocketpc without graphical hardware.
Do you only need 2D rendering?

What you mean by ‘waveforms’? If you want something with a form of a wave, try use splines

[]

Wendel B Silva

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.