1080p display resolution

Hi,

I am new to OpenGL and i have a basic question. Can OpenGL ES 1.0 support 1080p display resolution? If not which version of of OpenGL does.

Thanks,
mav

The OpenGL ES specification places no limit on the display resolution. But of course individual implementations and devices may be unable to render and/or output 1080p.

Thanks Xmas, i appreciate your response. I was just wondering and googling why OpenGL ES is being used in Android rather than OpenGL. Is it just to support standard Mobile device screen size or some other reason?

Secondly when you say individual implementation, does it mean that once i pick the OpenGL or OpenGl ES package, i have to make modification to its source to support my device specific screen size. If yes, any pointers on what those modifications could be?

Thnx.

OpenGL ES is designed for embedded devices, and is mostly a subset of OpenGL. OpenGL ES can be implemented on systems with very limited resources.

Secondly when you say individual implementation, does it mean that once i pick the OpenGL or OpenGl ES package, i have to make modification to its source to support my device specific screen size. If yes, any pointers on what those modifications could be?

Usually you don’t get to pick a package, instead devices come with an OpenGL ES implementation pre-installed (which obviously supports the device specific screen size).

Thank you Xmas…it seems to starting making some sense to me…let me do some more homework on OpenGL and comeback with more questions…

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.