Windows 7 64bit w/Radeon 5870 and no luck!

Hello!

Maybe somebody can help me out here. I have a Windows 7 64bit laptop with a i7 core and a Radeon ATI 5870 w/1GB and it performs like no other computer I have ever owned. I run Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at the max gfx settings and it still clocks about 68 fps.

Now, that said, enabling Firefox 3.7 for WebGL I get nothing. I saw the Messa stuff but I have absolutely NO INTEREST in putting the M$ compilers on this laptop and screwing up my wonderful machine. The only development tools allowed on my computer is the latest JDK and UltraEdit.

Does anyone know where to point Firefox to to get the OpenGL library for my 5870? Fastest chip out there and its worthless for WebGL dev! Sheeez!

Thanks,

jb

That’s weird, it should work pretty much out of the box with new hardware/drivers like that.

There’s a tool linked from this blog post that should help you find out which version of OpenGL your drivers support: How to Find Which OpenGL Version You’re Running « Greg Dolley’s Weblog

You could also try Chromium; I’ve put instructions on how to get the appropriate build on my blog here: http://learningwebgl.com/blog/?p=11

Cheers,

Giles