Trouble running OpenGL ES2 SDK tutorials

Hi,

I’m having trouble running the PowerVR - Khronos OpenGL ES 2 SDK tutorials for the Nokia n900 as per http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/s … S2xSGX.asp. I am using the Scratchbox cross compilation toolkit to compile for the n900 and have previously managed to build and run some simple OpenGL ES 2 applications on the system. However when I try to compile the tutorials, I am faced with the following error (in the last two lines between the borders):

===START ERROR MSG======================================================================
[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL: ~/workspace/tut3/OGLES2/Build/LinuxGeneric] > make PLATFORM=LinuxOMAP3

• Name: OGLES2IntroducingPVRShell
  • PWD: /home/mvl/workspace/pwrVRshell/OGLES2/Build/LinuxGeneric
  • Binary path: /home/mvl/workspace/pwrVRshell/OGLES2/Build/LinuxGeneric/…/LinuxOMAP3/ReleaseRaw
  • Library path: /home/mvl
  • WS: Raw

+c+ …/LinuxOMAP3/ReleaseRaw/OGLES2IntroducingPVRShell.o
/scratchbox/tools/bin/sh: line 1: arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found
make: *** […/LinuxOMAP3/ReleaseRaw/OGLES2IntroducingPVRShell.o] Error 127

===END ERROR MSG========================================================================

I have previously managed to get OpenGL ES2 applications running for the n900, but am not 100% sure I have followed the steps in the user guide properly to set up the tutorials environment as per section ‘3.2 Linux’, pages 15/16 in the User Guide. This is how I followed the steps:
1 Ensured OpenGL ES2 libraries are installed
2 Set up the LIBDIR to point to OpenGL ES2 library files in /scratchbox/users/mvl/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/lib.
Such files included in directory are libGLESv2.so
3 Installed the latest toolchain with Scratchbox
4 Pointed the TOOLCHAIN variable to the toolchain at /scratchbox/compilers/cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7/bin
Such files included in directory are arm-none-linux-gnueabi-c++ arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
This I’m a bit more unsure about but seems I did the right thing there.
5 Compiled with ‘make PLATFORM=LinuxOMAP3’ which comes up with the error message above.

Note: I have also tried for an X11Build but that comes up with the exact same error message.

Any help much appreciated.

Been fixed, just needed to remove ‘bin’ from the toolchain path ie

export TOOLCHAIN=/scratchbox/compilers/cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7/

instead of

export TOOLCHAIN=/scratchbox/compilers/cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7/bin

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.