Mapping screen coordinates to OpenGL scene coordin

Hi

I tried replicating the article at:

http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/articles/article.asp?article=13

in trying to map mouse coor. to scene coor.

However, when I run the code I get the exception:

javax.media.opengl.GLException: pack pixel_buffer_object must be enabled to call this method
and was wondering if anyone has experience with using glReadPixels() in JOGL.

Graham

======

public static Vector3D screenCoordinatesToOpenGLCoordinates(GL gl, int screenX, int screenY)
{
    // viewport
    int[] viewport = new int[4];					// Where The Viewport Values Will Be Stored
    gl.glGetIntegerv(GL.GL_VIEWPORT,viewport,0);			// Retrieves The Viewport Values (X, Y, Width, Height)
    // modelview
    double[] modelview = new double[16];			        // Where The 16 Doubles Of The Modelview Matrix Are To Be Stored
    gl.glGetDoublev(GL.GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX, modelview,0);		// Retrieve The Modelview Matrix
    // projection
    double[] projection = new double[16];				// Where The 16 Doubles Of The Projection Matrix Are To Be Stored
    gl.glGetDoublev(GL.GL_PROJECTION_MATRIX, projection,0);		// Retrieve The Projection Matrix
    // Subtract The Current Mouse Y Coordinate From The Screen Height since +ve y acts downwards
    screenY = viewport[3] - screenY;
    // screen z
    long screenZ = 0;
    gl.glReadPixels(screenX, screenY, 1, 1, GL.GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT, GL.GL_INT,screenZ);

GLU glu = new GLU();
    double[] pos = new double[3];
    glu.gluUnProject(screenX,screenY,screenZ, modelview,0, projection,0, viewport,0, pos,0);

Vector3D posVec = new Vector3D(pos[0],pos[1],pos[2]);
    return posVec;
}