Can't get openGL examples to work on QT!!!

Hey all,

I’m totally new to OpenGL and QT, just installed QT (4.7.0) on my computer (windows 7, 64 bit), and I’m going through the examples.

Trouble is, NONE of the opengl examples will work. All of the other examples work just fine, only opengl is broken. Every time I get an error like this:

Starting C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\examples\opengl\2dpainting-build-desktop\debug\2dpainting.exe…
C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\examples\opengl\2dpainting-build-desktop\debug\2dpainting.exe exited with code -1073741819

What should I do?? I need to get the opengl stuff working for a school project. Any help appreciated!

-Peter

Are the relevant qt dlls in the executable folder?

What hardware have you and do any other OpenGL programs work?

>Are the relevant qt dlls in the executable folder?

Again, I’m VERY new to this, and not really sure which dlls should be where. Everything in these folders was created when qt was installed, one would assume that if it installed correctly that it would include the things it needs to run. Are there dlls that I need to manually add somewhere?

>What hardware have you and do any other OpenGL programs work?

I have an ASUS G73jh, the video card is an ati mobility radeon hd 5870, and I’ve made sure to keep the drivers current. I haven’t found a way to get other OpenGL programs to work yet, they all seem to break on the include lines…

Are these programs you’ve written yourself? I mean try a game or something else that uses OpenGL. Alternatively try the GPU caps viewer and verify that your driver actually does have OpenGL support: http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/