Cube Mapping OpenGl ES

Im having some trouble whit the 6 tga faces for my cube, i cant see the image cleary in the face, I just see kind of like the color of the tga but no the image clearly. I load the cube from an obj model, I ve been using different models of cube.obj with diferent texture coords ant still the same result.
Then I realize that the cube is just like takin the negative X and positive Y images, and expanding them all over the cube and not even well just like the color of the tga.

Here is part of my code

U5.Loc = glGetUniformLocation ( U5.programObject, “u_s_texture” );

U5.TexId =Cubemap (“pos_x.tga”,“pos_y.tga”,“pos_z.tga”,“neg_x.tga”,“neg_y.tga”,“neg_z.tga”);

GLuint Cubemap( char PX,charPY, char *PZ,char NX,charNY, char *NZ)
{
GLuint textureId;
int width,
height;
int width2,
height2;
int width3,
height3;
int width4,
height4;
int width5,
height5;
int width6,
height6;

char *BPX = esLoadTGA ( PX, &width, &height );
char *BPY = esLoadTGA ( PY, &width2, &height2 );
char *BPZ = esLoadTGA ( PZ, &width3, &height3 );
char *BNX = esLoadTGA ( NX, &width4, &height4 );
char *BNY = esLoadTGA ( NY, &width5, &height5 );
char *BNZ = esLoadTGA ( NZ, &width6, &height6 );
GLuint texId;

if ( BPX == NULL || BPY == NULL || BPZ == NULL || BNX == NULL ||BNY == NULL || BNZ == NULL )
{
esLogMessage ( "Error loading (%s) image.
", PX );
system(“pause”);
return 0;
}
// Generate a texture object
glGenTextures ( 1, &textureId );

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

// Bind the texture object
glBindTexture ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, textureId );
// for ( q=0;q<6;q++){
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_X,0,GL_RGB,width,height,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BPX);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_X,0,GL_RGB,width4,height4,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BNX);//—
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_Y,0,GL_RGB,width2,height2,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BPY);//**
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_Y,0,GL_RGB,width5,height5,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BNY);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_Z,0,GL_RGB,width3,height3,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BPZ);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_Z,0,GL_RGB,width6,height6,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BNZ);
//}
glGenerateMipmap(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);

GLbyte vShaderStr[] =
"uniform mat4 u_mvpMatrix;
"
"attribute vec4 a_position;
"
"attribute vec4 a_texCoord;
"
"varying vec4 v_pos;
"
"void main()
"
"{
"
" gl_Position = u_mvpMatrix * a_position;

"   v_pos = a_texCoord;                 

"
"}
";

GLbyte fShaderStr[] =
"precision mediump float;
"
"varying vec2 v_texCoord;
"
"uniform sampler2D s_betty;
"
"varying vec4 v_pos;
"
"uniform samplerCube u_s_texture;
"
"void main()
"
"{
"
" gl_FragColor=textureCube(u_s_texture, v_pos.xyz);
"
"}
";

Please use [ code]/[ /code] (without space after ‘[’) around code snippets to make them easier to read.

Cube textures require 3 component texture coordinates, because they are meant for cases where you do a texture lookup based on a direction (e.g. environment mapping). Your model files probably only contain the usual 2 component texture coordinates which don’t work for cube textures.
If you want to map a different texture to each face of a cube you need to split the cube into 6 different objects (so that you can switch textures between draw calls), combine your textures into one (texture atlas, texture array, cube texture) and adjust the texture coordinates.

sorry for the code, so you are telling me that I need 3 components for the texture coordinates, and also divide the the cube.obj in six parts?..While I was looking for cubes with six different faces I only see two components in the coordinates and their examples seems to work.
I dont understand why i need to split in 6 parts also.

I`ve been looking for a 3 components texture cube obj, and I can’t found can you lead to an example?

I can’t quite figure out if you are trying to implement ‘cube mapping’ or just loading a OBJ file which happens to be a cube.

If we are talking about ‘cube mapping’ then you don’t need any texture coordinates from the OBJ model. The Vertex Shader will compute texture coordinates based on your eye-space vertex positions.

Secondly, the loading of the 6 faces can be simplified by ensuring all texture dimensions are exactly the same for each face. Thus there is no need for width2,3,4,5,6 as all are the same.

Finally,

glBindTexture ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, textureId );

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);

It looks like you are using cube mapping by the virtue of binding a cube map texture. You then generate mipmaps for it but you have mistakenly used only GL_LINEAR as the minification filter. It should be GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR.

I cant understand the difference Im trying to make an skybox, but I load the cube from a obj model…i take the suggestions and now i only see one color in the cube, not even quite the texture as before when i use texture coords.

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_X,0,GL_RGB,width,height,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BPX); 
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_X,0,GL_RGB,width,height,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BNX);//--- 
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_Y,0,GL_RGB,width,height,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BPY);//** 
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_Y,0,GL_RGB,width,height,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BNY); 
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_POSITIVE_Z,0,GL_RGB,width,height,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BPZ); 
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_Z,0,GL_RGB,width,height,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,BNZ);

glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR );
   glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR );
   glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE );
   glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE );
   glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE );

/

glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR

No, only the minification filter uses mipmaps.
The magnification filter is just LINEAR.
glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);

Already change it, and the same result, any other tip, i just see one color now in all the cube, all my 6 tga are the same size and I think everything its ok.

I don’t see you Vertex Shader anywhere.
I’m assuming you have set the pass-through texture coordinates in the Vertex shader = gl_Vertex.xyz ?

Isnt here what you are talking…?

GLbyte vShaderStr[] =
"uniform mat4 u_mvpMatrix; 
"
"attribute vec4 a_position; 
"
"attribute vec4 a_texCoord; 
"
"varying vec4 v_pos; 
"
"void main() 
"