Same problem

Tried most everything I can think of and so far nothing.

Spambot?

Spambot? I don’t see how - there is no link to any web site - and no overt advertizing. This is that users’ first post here. Probably started a new thread by mistake instead of replying to the intended thread.

To original poster: We don’t know what or who you have the same problem as - could you explain your problem directly?

– Steve

I don’t see how - there is no link to any web site - and no overt advertizing. This is that users’ first post here.

Spambots today are more sophisticated than that. They start with a very generic and innocuous message like “First post. Guys, I just wanted to let you know that what you are doing is awesome! Hope to contribute more in the future” or “Lol that’s so true”. With that they bypass the moderator in forums where the first post is moderated. They wait a few days and then spam the crap out of the forum. I’ve seen this happen a few times.

Now, I’m not saying this particular user is a spambot, but it might be. What is odd is that instead of replying to an existing thread he’s created a new one.

Be wary of overly generic first posts.