C++ Binding Link Error in VS 2010

Hi All,

I am having a link error whenever I try to use the C++ bindings in a very basic OpenCL tutorial program using MS Visual Studio 2010. I installed the Nvidia Developers toolkit and added cl.hpp into the include directory from the main OpenCL API registry page.

I have also gone and edited the Properties page as directed by some online instructions. These included modifying:

Additional Include Directories, where I added C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v3.2\include

Additional Library Directories, where I added C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v3.2\lib\x64

Additional Dependencies, where I added OpenCL.lib

Without the C++ bindings, everything seems to work great. However, when I do include them, I get a long list of errors similar to this:

1>  All outputs are up-to-date.
1>hw.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _clGetPlatformInfo@20 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall cl::Platform::getInfo(unsigned int,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > *)const " (?getInfo@Platform@cl@@QBEHIPAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z)

1>C:\Users\Jon\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\HelloWorld\Debug\HelloWorld.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 20 unresolved externals

I have looked through other messages with similar link errors on this site and others, but have not found anything helpful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

I am having the same problem and was hoping that I could get some help from this forum.

Hi David,

I haven’t worked through the problem quite yet. I’ve had some other things come up and have had to switch focus. When I do come up with an answer, I will be sure to post the solution. If you happen to beat me to it, please do the same! :slight_smile:

Jon

OK Jon,

As the saying goes, “two heads are better then one” provided they are not on top of the same shoulders :wink:

Be sure you’re linking with win32 libraries and compiling in win32 platform. If you links with shrUtils64.lib but compile in win32, it reports this error.

I hope it helps

This helped tremendously, thank you. I was pointing to the x64 lib folder under the Cuda directory, instead of the Win32. Thank you very much for your help!