OpenCL without Nvidia or AMD?

Is there a way to use just OpenCL, without downloading either SDK, just using the c++ specification files and how?

Also, if this doesnt work, is it possible to program on the GPU heterogenously, so that i dont have to worry about what hardware they are using? What would I use?

I have been trying to get something going for OpenCL for the past 4 days, and cant seem to find anything without downloading the NVidia SDK

Anyone?

Solved…The way is to just include the headers in a opencl/CL folder and link to the opencl folder when building. You also have to make sure that the latest dll is in your system, usually in system32

Hi Gamingdrake,
I’m now in the same situation like you. Can you please specify exactly which dll I need and from where I can get those if these are missing?

Solved…The way is to just include the headers in a opencl/CL folder and link to the opencl folder when building. You also have to make sure that the latest dll is in your system, usually in system32

this is not correct, if you use a DLL it implies you are using an OpenCl implementation from a Vendor ( AMD,Nvidia , Intel or …)

To be clear you can write programs around OpenCL without a driver but you CAN NOT compile the OpenCL code (.cl) files without an OpenCL compiler. This compiler is usually in the driver because the driver needs it at runtime (Except maybe with 1.2).

If you just want to use the CPU AMD has an emulator that turns your OpeCL code into C but it isn’t meant for performance only debugging. I see little reason to not just get the Intel or AMD CPU SDKs.