NVidia implementation works on ATI?

Hey guys,

If I use the NVidia SDK, can I still run my code on an ATI card? I am trying to get the card to process an algorithm for me, but i need it platform independent. I know that there will be a hit in efficiency, but will there actually be errors if I run the program on an ATI card?

If I use the NVidia SDK, can I still run my code on an ATI card?

If you want to run code on your ATI card you will need to install AMD’s SDK. If you want to run code on an nVidia card you must install NVidia’s SDK.

Your code can be platform-independent but you will need the drivers that come bundled with the respective SDKs. Otherwise your program will simply not run.

Thank you for your reply.

Will the application itself (exe after build) run on both cards? I know I need to compile using respective SDKs, but I need to know if the final application is platform independent.

Yes, the application itself will be platform-independent.

David,

I got it. If I get the library from NVidia (It comes prepackaged with the latest driver), then I link to that and use the OpenCL libraries stored in a folder (opencl/CL), then my program works using only OpenCL without the relative SDKs and without downloading either SDK.

Thank you for your help