Getting a Error:Unhandled exception at 0x00000000 in *****

Hi ,

I am new to OpenGL API.

I have started reading SuperBible OpenGL 5th Edition. I have installed Visual C++ 2010.
I have tried the very first programme in the book . Rendering a triangle. However when I write the same code into C++ IDE and when I compile it I am getting the following error.

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000 in MyFirstOpenGLProgramme.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

The very first line triangle.Begin(GT_TRIANGLES, 3); is failing .

Can any guide me through this.

Thanks in advance,
Chand.M

have similar problem. any help?

I am also getting the same error. I too was trying to render a triangle for gaining more depth into Open GL but I am right now halted on my progress because of this annoying unhandled exception error. I could not find any help regarding this in the forums.

I got the same problem. You may check your Opengl support first. The Windows default version is 1.1. But SuperBible 5th needs a higher version. So, the first choice is to update your Graphics Driver(I did so and the problem’s gone). Second, you may try the SuperBible 4th, it needs a lower version of Opengl.

p.s. I’m new in this, too. If it’s doesn’t work, sorry :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.