hole filling

Can opengl help me to fill some holes in mesh?
Exist a function that given a 3d hole contour give me the triangulation that cover it?

OpenGL doesn’t even know what a “mesh” is. How could it know what would constitute a “hole” in that mesh, let alone how to “fill” it?

For that matter, how exactly would you define a “hole” in a triangular mesh? Is there any consistent algorithm you can come up with that would be able to find “holes”?

No.

OpenGL is a rendering API, not a modelling/geometry library.

Filling hole is an open problem in computer science and in math…
Good luck!!!

[QUOTE=Alfonse Reinheart;1264536]OpenGL doesn’t even know what a “mesh” is. How could it know what would constitute a “hole” in that mesh, let alone how to “fill” it?

For that matter, how exactly would you define a “hole” in a triangular mesh? Is there any consistent algorithm you can come up with that would be able to find “holes”?[/QUOTE]

maybe defined it as a successive sequence of triangle edge in ccw. If I suppose to get the adjacent points on my hole in cw or ccw order, can I define one or more
surface in opengl that fit the hole and get the triangulation?

For example I remember that for tessellation exist the way to get the triangulation.

Try to fill the hole of your model with Meshlab with good result or not… but it’s free!

I tried it but filling hole isn’t so good.