Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What is suitable tool for glsl 1.3?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    296

    What is suitable tool for glsl 1.3?

    most of them have ceased to develop, what's the best one for 1.3?

  2. #2
    Senior Member OpenGL Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,678
    If you're looking for a program to write shaders in, Notepad++ is a pretty solid tool.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse Reinheart View Post
    If you're looking for a program to write shaders in, Notepad++ is a pretty solid tool.
    that is perfectly tool for writing shaders, how about compile and build them?

  4. #4
    Senior Member OpenGL Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,678
    Compiling shaders happens during the execution of your application. When you call glCompileShader or glCreateShaderProgramv.

  5. #5
    Senior Member OpenGL Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by reader1 View Post
    that is perfectly tool for writing shaders, how about compile and build them?
    Another option is nVidia's Cg command-line compiler. For instance:

    Code :
    cgc -oglsl -strict -glslWerror -nocode -profile gp5vp my.vert

    Or for fragment and geometry shaders, you can use the gp5fp and gp5gp profiles, respectively.

    This is handy when you want to do a quick "kick the tires" test to make sure your code looks reasonable to a compiler, before you take the time to bring it up in your application.

    Doubtless there are others out there. This may be one, though I haven't personally used it:

    * glsl-optimizer - GLSL optimizer based on Mesa's GLSL compiler

  6. #6
    Senior Member Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Photon View Post
    Another option is nVidia's Cg command-line compiler. For instance:

    Code :
    cgc -oglsl -strict -glslWerror -nocode -profile gp5vp my.vert

    Or for fragment and geometry shaders, you can use the gp5fp and gp5gp profiles, respectively.

    This is handy when you want to do a quick "kick the tires" test to make sure your code looks reasonable to a compiler, before you take the time to bring it up in your application.

    Doubtless there are others out there. This may be one, though I haven't personally used it:

    * glsl-optimizer - GLSL optimizer based on Mesa's GLSL compiler
    I must ask a wrong question for you misunderstand. It should be which new opengl3.0 tool for us to use?
    Some of them offered at this web site is out of time, for example, rendermonk etc. has not been supported by the developers, nvidia, amd...
    sorry for mislead.

Similar Threads

  1. GLSL Error: cannot locate suitable resource to bin
    By charmingzuo in forum OpenGL: Advanced Coding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 11:21 PM
  2. GLSL Suitable for fluid physics?
    By LemonScentedJack in forum OpenGL: GLSL
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
  3. Creating models suitable for vbo's
    By Vexator in forum OpenGL: Advanced Coding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 01:09 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 09:54 AM
  5. Suitable objects as models
    By kucheech in forum OpenGL: Basic Coding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2000, 11:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Proudly hosted by Digital Ocean