Newbie needs help with tesselation

Hi there!!

After having a lot of practice with vertex- & fragment-shaders and now also a first working geometry-shader, i need help in implementing a tesselation-shader.

My application is ready for using tesselation shaders. There is generated a selectable object (like a sphere, a torus, a tube etc.) or simply a flat 2d square filling the viewport and I just have to enter the shader-code in a text-field to test. Also some textures, light-parameters etc. are (dynamically) availabel if needed.

The shader-code is comiled “on the fly” and used if there are no errors. Otherwise the previous program is restored and error-messages are displayed. So far everything works, but until now i’ve failed to implemet a tellelation-shader. For the beginning i just copied some different example-code i found in internet (for example from here) and put it with some little changes into my program. But even if i get no compilation- or linking-errors the result is - whatever code i try - a black screen.

Is there anyone who can help me with an absoute basic example?

Systeminfo:
Platform: Thinkpad X230 - Windows 10
Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GL-Version: 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.4358
SL-Version: 4.00 - Build 10.18.10.4358
MaxPatchVerices: 32

Kind regards,
Frank

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.