how can i play video?

I am very new to opengl but i need to make a player to play some videos.
i don know how to do that. i have seen Nehe lesson 35 about playing avi video but it has low quality and i need much more.
i have seen many post in this forum but none of them solved my issue.
is there any one to help me to do that?

IIt’s not OpenGL you need. It’s OpenCV :slight_smile:

OpenCV? That’s for computer vision, not video decode and playback.

jak-jak, unless you want to get into the business of writing video format decompression libraries, I’d suggest you find and use an available video decode and playback library, such as ffmpeg (see its libraries on the linked page).

Of course, there are others. Just search for “video decode and playback library” along with your preferred platform (including on sites such as stackoverflow), and you’ll probably get multiple hits.

[QUOTE=Dark Photon;1285654]OpenCV? That’s for computer vision, not video decode and playback.

jak-jak, unless you want to get into the business of writing video format decompression libraries, I’d suggest you find and use an available video decode and playback library, such as ffmpeg (see its libraries on the linked page).

Of course, there are others. Just search for “video decode and playback library” along with your preferred platform (including on sites such as stackoverflow), and you’ll probably get multiple hits.[/QUOTE]

Well according to what the orginal poster of the thread need Opencv is the answer… yes it’s for computer vision but it offer from the shelf tools to make video player without diving into video decode and playback which are pain iff you want to program them from scratch using only c++ and opengl as render

You could use videolab from Mitov.com It’s free for private use and no code at all is needed for a video player. Just drag and drop.

[QUOTE=Dark Photon;1285654]OpenCV? That’s for computer vision, not video decode and playback.

Of course, there are others. Just search for “video decode and playback library” along with your preferred platform (including on sites such as stackoverflow), and you’ll probably get multiple hits.[/QUOTE]

i just wana play a video in a way to use lower cpu usage. i want to show four video from one source to make cpu usage lower than 4 opened VLC

i need to play four video from one source. four same video for full HD video wall solution. every players has its own source. i dont want that

You will probably have less CPU usage, but in another hand, you’ll certainly raise your GPU usage…

Here is an (old) link I could have find: NeHe Productions: Playing AVI Files In OpenGL