Weird issue with OpenGl drawing

Hello all,

I am experiencing an interesting issue.

When I click on the mouse button (left mouse button), I am suppose to draw a blue rectangle with a white rectangle on top of it. In the program, this represents a block label.

The issue is this, when the block label is drawn on the canvas, it is a block node and not a blue node (yes, I have the glColor set correctly, this was the first thing that I checked).

Now, I also know that it is being “drawn correctly” because I noticed that when I rapid clicked on the mouse while moving it around, I was able to get some nodes to be drawn as blue and others black.

I would love to post some code here but I am not entirely sure what code to post that would be relevent to the discussion.

For now, I am posting my draw code for the block label. Please let me know if you need anymore code posted.

I should also mention that the block label object inherits from another object called node. I will also be posting the draw code, too.

Also, I have noticed that when I draw a new node or block label, a black rectangle is drawn ontop of the nore or block label. I am thinking that these two issues are related to each other; however, after looking through the draw code many times, I am not sure where the issue lies. Perhaps another pair of eyes will be able to help me determine the best fix:

void draw()
    {
// The draw code for the block label
        glPointSize(6.0);

if(isSelected)
            glColor3d(1.0, 0.0, 0.0);
        else
            glColor3d(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);

glBegin(GL_POINTS);
            glVertex2d(xCenterCoordinate, yCenterCoordinate);
        glEnd();

glColor3d(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
        glPointSize(4.25);

glBegin(GL_POINTS);
        glEnd();
    }

//! The draw code for the node
	virtual void draw()
    {
        if(isSelected)
            glColor3d(1.0, 0.0, 0.0);
        else
            glColor3d(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);

glPointSize(6.0);

glBegin(GL_POINTS);
        glEnd();

glColor3d(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
        glPointSize(4.25);

glBegin(GL_POINTS);
        glEnd();
    }

/* This function gets called everytime a draw routine is needed */
void modelDefinition::onPaintCanvas(wxPaintEvent &event)
{
    wxGLCanvas::SetCurrent(*_geometryContext);// This will make sure the the openGL commands are routed to the wxGLCanvas object
	wxPaintDC dc(this);// This is required for drawing

glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
    glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);

updateProjection();
    drawGrid();
    glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);

if(_editor.getLineList()->size() > 0)
    {
        for(std::vector<edgeLineShape>::iterator lineIterator = _editor.getLineList()->begin(); lineIterator != _editor.getLineList()->end(); ++lineIterator)
        {
            lineIterator->draw();
        }
    }

if(_editor.getArcList()->size() > 0)
    {
        for(std::vector<arcShape>::iterator arcIterator = _editor.getArcList()->begin(); arcIterator != _editor.getArcList()->end(); ++arcIterator)
        {
            arcIterator->draw();
        }
    }

if(_editor.getBlockLabelList()->size() > 0)
    {
        for(std::vector<blockLabel>::iterator blockIterator = _editor.getBlockLabelList()->begin(); blockIterator != _editor.getBlockLabelList()->end(); ++blockIterator)
        {
            blockIterator->draw();
        }
    }

if(_editor.getNodeList()->size() > 0)
    {
        for(std::vector<node>::iterator nodeIterator = _editor.getNodeList()->begin(); nodeIterator != _editor.getNodeList()->end(); ++nodeIterator)
        {
            nodeIterator->draw();
        }
    }

SwapBuffers();// This outputs everything to the screen
}

Please let me know if you need more source code posted. This issue has been plagueing me for a few days now! I am also attaching a picture of what I was describing above

Ok, So I seem to be having some difficulty attaching the image. Instead, I will be posting a link.

https://postimg.org/image/o7rwlpprd/

Hello all,

I apologize for wasting people’s time. I actually found the error that I was experiencing and it turns out that there was an error with the logic of my code.