glGetShaderSource() - didn't get my source code back

Hi, i’m new here on this board so i wanna say hello at first.

I have some trouble with my shader. I like to compile the shader source and i get some weird things. First when i call the following method GetShaderiv…

GLint state=0;

glCompileShader(*shader);
    glGetShaderiv(*shader, GL_COMPILE_STATUS, &state);

glGetShaderiv(*shader, GL_INFO_LOG_LENGTH, &logLength);    

… i got a zero in my state. But i didn’t get some error messages from the compiler with the GL_INFO_LOG_LENGTH. I have a little trial project with the same code and there i get a ‘1’ in the state.

So i tried to read my shader source back from my shader and i get a really big string back. But not my shader code just some informations about my project with the project name, and with my name, and a lot of zeros and some other things.

glGetShaderSource(vertexShader, size, &sizei, code); 

Can you help me please with this? I searched on google but i didn’t find something and i didn’t find something in this message board too.

Thanks a lot
krikit

Maybe some further information i use OpenGL ES 2.0 on my iPad 2.

I didn’t get something from the shader. The string is the same like before. So I didn’t get some wrong source but i didn’t get any source code back. Maybe it’s important for my question.

I’ve solved the problem.

htx
krikit

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.