android NDK r7c, Content Pipes

I am looking into build a new “Content Pipe” for Android. That is, I would like to manage how data is pulled from a remote URI and manipulate the data before handing it to a media player. I would also like to build a Content Pipe that manipulates the data before sending (writing) it to a URI.

The question is:

This URL: Android NDK  |  Android Developers indicates OpenMax AL 1.0.1 is available. and this link Khronos OpenMAX AL Registry - The Khronos Group Inc shows a version of Content Pipes listed with the OpenMax AL.

Do you know if I can create a Custom Content Pipe for Android?

As of Android 4.0 (ICS), the Android Native Development Kit (“NDK”) includes a new native media API based on OpenMAX AL 1.0.1. However it is not yet a full implementation of any of the Khronos Group profiles, and in particular does not have Content Pipe integration. For more information about exactly which features are supported, you can download the NDK from http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/sdk/ndk/index.html ,
install it, and then read the documentation at $NDK/docs/openmaxal/index.html
There is a chart there showing the supported interfaces, proprietary extensions, etc.