OpenGL not working.

Hey there! Late last year, I could run Ultimate DOOM, Minecraft, and pretty much any other game requiring OpenGL perfectly. Absolutely no problems. Come 2018, everything that would work, doesn’t.

I’ve looked in Win.ini, there was no DVA=0.
My graphics card is up to date (NVidia GeForce GTX 965M)
I have an Intel i7
22 gigabytes of ram.

The only real thing I can think to do is give my dxdiag out, in a vain hope one of you know how to help.

Well, thanks for reading, cheers!

~Rick

Download and install the latest NVidia drivers here: NVidia Driver Downloads.

Select GeForce / GeForce 900M / GeForce GTX965M / your version of windows.

When running the driver installer EXE, check the box to do a “clean” install.

Then run the OpenGL Hardware Capability Viewer and see what it says about your driver’s OpenGL capabilities.

You may need to tell Windows to prefer using the NVidia GPU rather than the Intel GPU embedded in your CPU: one link among many

[QUOTE=Dark Photon;1290928]Download and install the latest NVidia drivers here: NVidia Driver Downloads.

Select GeForce / GeForce 900M / GeForce GTX965M / your version of windows.

When running the driver installer EXE, check the box to do a “clean” install.

Then run the OpenGL Hardware Capability Viewer and see what it says about your driver’s OpenGL capabilities.

You may need to tell Windows to prefer using the NVidia GPU rather than the Intel GPU embedded in your CPU: one link among many[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, that’s way farther than I’ve gotten anywhere else. I’ll be sure to try this now!

Well, after running the OpenGL Compat Tool, I get returned this error.

Not sure why OpenGL decided to spontaneously stop working, especially from 2+ years with no problems. The clean install seemed to do nothing.

EDIT: Turns out I don’t even have a “Preferred Graphics Processor” option in my Program Settings. So I guess I’m missing options in my NVidia Control Panel.

That’s interesting.

What’s GPU-Z have to say about your system’s GPU(s)?

Well, shortly after that was posted, my laptop had died.
Genuinely DIED.

The OS was wiped from my drives and had gotten itself into an infinite boot. I guess the problem is solved now?