Getting pocl to function with microblaze running linux

Hi all,

I would appreciate your feedback on the following issue I am having.

I have an OpenCL platform that is composed of a microblaze processor as the host, and device(s) that are connected to the microblaze processor. The platform is an embedded system (all these elements are on a single die). The host runs linux, and has a toolchain built for it (microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu-).

The microblaze (host) is connected to the device using a special peripheral that requires the use of a special instruction (processor instruction). As a result, I would need to modify the OpenCL library source to use this special instruction. So, my first question is: where can I download the OpenCL library source? Is it incorporated into pocl? If so, where?

Once I have modified the OpenCL library source to use the special instruction and conform to my platform specifications, I would need to compile this library using the toolchain (microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu-).

When the OpenCL library is complete, I would need to build the OpenCL framework, so I can execute kernels on the device(s), which I assume that is the main contribution of pocl. When I attempt to build pocl using the following command: “./configure --host=microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu-”, I get the following error:
“checking host system type… Invalid configuration microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu-': machinemicroblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu’ not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh config/config.sub microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu- failed”

Effectively, I am cross-compiling pocl with the build machine as my workstation, and the target machine as the opencl platform I previously described. What am I doing wrong when building pocl? Another question that I have is: are my steps correct? Is my logic for solving the issue correct? My final question is: does the above reasoning/explanation make any sense?

Thank you in advance,