OPenGL ES3.0 not Supported on Android 4.3 Emulator,platform 18?

All of the SDK and ADT have been updated in my IDE, and I create an Android 4.3 Emulator successfully. Then I run the OpenGL ES 3.0 demo code on the Emulator , the demo comes from \android-ndk-r9d\samples\gles3jni.In the demo, the SDK 18 was selected, I build and run the GLES3/SDK18 version, the apk is the GLES3 one. There is no missing <uses-feature android:glEsVersion=“0x00030000”/> in manifest XML file.
The Emulator information:
Device:5.1 WVGA 800x480 mdpi;
Target Android 4.3 -APILevel 18;
CPU/ABI:ARM(armeabi-v7a);
Skin: Skin with dynamic hardware controls;
Memory Options: RAM 512, VM Heap 16;
Internal Storage 200MiB;
Emulation Options: Use Host GPU.
My PC : windows 7, RAM 4GB, CPU Intel Core i3, GPU NVIDIA Geforce GTX550 Ti.
The demo runs well ,I think, however, the OpenGL ES version information in the cpp file outputed by the printGlString(“Version”, GL_VERSION) is OpenGL ES2.0, which means OpenGL ES2.0 is supported while the OpenGL ES 3.0 is not on the platform 18, is it? And if I forced the demo run the OpenGL ES3.0 renderer, there will some errors when building the shaders, which reason lies on OpenGL ES3.0 not supported by the Emulator.

OpenGL ES 3.0 context was not built successfully, and the Emulator could not support OpenGL ES3.0.
The OpenGL ES version information in the cpp file outputed by the printGlString(“Version”, GL_VERSION) is OpenGL ES2.0. And if I forced the demo run the OpenGL ES3.0 renderer, there will some errors when building the shaders, which reason lies on OpenGL ES3.0 not supported by the Emulator.

I don’t confirm whether the Emulator based on my PC’s GPU could support OpenGL ES 3.0 or not. If could , the Emulator should run the demo by OpenGL ES 3.0 successfully, and The OpenGL ES version information in the cpp file outputed by the printGlString(“Version”, GL_VERSION) is OpenGL ES3.0 .The demo forced running by OpenGL ES3.0 should have no error.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.