Improve RGBA render to texture transparency quality

I’ve created a 2d interactive particle system on android with Opengl ES 2.0. Only one thing left to do but I don’t know how to do it, so I’d like to get some help. I would like to create some transparency to see thing under the smoke “layer” .

So I create the smoke particles render them to a texture, apply some blur on it and then I’d like to put it over other things

GLES20.glClearColor(0.0f,0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
    GLES20.glClear(GLES20.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GLES20.GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
 //   GLES20.glDisable(GLES20.GL_DEPTH_TEST);
    GLES20.glEnable(GLES20.GL_BLEND);
    GLES20.glBlendFunc(GLES20.GL_SRC_ALPHA, GLES20.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
    GLES20.glTexImage2D(GLES20.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GLES20.GL_RGBA , texW, texH, 0, GLES20.GL_RGBA , GLES20.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE   , null);
    GLES20.glTexImage2D(GLES20.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GLES20.GL_RGB, texW, texH, 0, GLES20.GL_RGB, GLES20.GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT_5_6_5   , null);

If I render it to GL_RGB with GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT_5_6_5 it looks like how I want it to look like but can’t see anything under it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59[/ATTACH]

If I render it to GL_RGBA with GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE it looks like… well not so pretty. It seems that this version turns everything completly transparent if the gl_FragColor.a is not 1.0.:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60[/ATTACH]

My question is what is the best way to achive quality like the first pics but still able to see things under it. I tried with other RGBA formats and data types but it only resulted black screen.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.